Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do you hardcore gamers find the money to buy all your games?

I have a huge list of games I'm wanting to buy and play, but I'm so broke from buying video games. How do you guys do it!? Hahaha.How do you hardcore gamers find the money to buy all your games?
Usually I try to freeload and borrow as many games as possible from my friends hahaha. I rent games a lot too (the ones i just know I will only go through once and then probably never play again). Also I know people who work in certain places that sell videogames that would give me a discount. : D



There are many penny pinching things I do hahha.
Well I work 40hrs a week ( usually more ), after bills, food, and girlfriend ( though i consider that a bill too lol ) i have enough left over to buy a game or two... i use to just go to a gamestore and buy a used game i havent played when it got cheaper... but i've decided on an easier thing.



GAMEFLY



either 15$ or 25$ a month ( depending on 1 or 2 games out ), no late fees, and tons of good games to get too. I normally would spend more than 100$ a month on 2 or 3 games and beat them within the month or so and then trade them back in for lik 30$... it sucked. Now i have good games, keep them till im completely done with them then get new ones right away...



Went from playing over 8hrs a day easily, to maybe 4hrs tops now. This saved me money and time. Considering i dont have as much time to play as i used too.



Plus with the 2 games out, we can get 2 copies of a game ( since we have 2 xboxs ) and ether play co op or single player. I mean it sucks if you both want to play the same game and both only have a few hours to play it.How do you hardcore gamers find the money to buy all your games?
1. work then tweak after work and sleep little as possible.

2. have a friend who already bought the game to borrow it from

3. if you 360 has a chip in it then just borrow the game and then burn a copy and play it.



PS. for #3 im not sure if that is still possible with the newer systems like 360 or ps3 but i have an old Xbox and it has a chip where i can download games for free i have maybe more then 1000 games on it most of them are old games like the super nintendo zelda etc.. My cousin has the chip also for playstation and playstation 2.
I normally don't, i've honestly bought a "new" game twice in the last year (Pokemon HeartGold and StarCraft 2). I normally always buy used games, and even then, I don't have any new consoles yet, i'm still PC gaming right now, hoping to get a PS3 at some point. At that..just get a job, and like said above, holidays are the best. Christmas/Birthdays can easily get you 6-7 new games if you play your cards right.How do you hardcore gamers find the money to buy all your games?
Haha if your old enough get a job, but your birthday and holidays like Christmas are easy ways to get games. Buy them used and youll save a lot of money, but get them from a store like GameStop or FYE cause if you buy the game damaged theyll trade ya for another copy.
I actually wait and buy games when they've come down in price. I only buy games that are within my interest (i.e., no shooters because the genre is done), and only games that get good reviews.



But then I'm sane and not a fanboy.
i get it free from http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=16鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment