Thursday, January 26, 2012

I am about to graduate. I want to work with video games. How do I get money for college in this field?Not army?

I am a senior in college and I have looked into the military and I don't take well to that type of governmental authority. I am very passionate about video games and would not hesitate to work overtime, but the economy the way it is, I don't know how to get money and scholarships are a pain. I have a 3.28 out of 4.0 GPA and am a very fast learner. Any tips on this would be greatfull.I am about to graduate. I want to work with video games. How do I get money for college in this field?Not army?
If you are about to graduate with a bachelors degree then your chances of getting financial aid for a second degree (at least Federal financial aid) are virtually gone. You can try private student loans, but that is about it. There are some schools that specialize in video game programming, but they tend to be extremely competitive to get into. If you have a background in programming, then admission may be easier. If you are simply interested in being in the industry (not necessarily programming or design), then I'd advise visiting the websites of some of your favorite software companies and take a look at what other career opportunities they have (marketing, QA, etc.). However, even then, these are competitive positions and generally require 2-5 years of prior experience. Not a lot of these positions hire college graduates right out of school. I'd recommend looking for an entry level position in a related field, try to get some experience, and then apply for these positions once you have some work experience.I am about to graduate. I want to work with video games. How do I get money for college in this field?Not army?
you can get student loans.I am about to graduate. I want to work with video games. How do I get money for college in this field?Not army?
Did you know that great video game developers were able to create there own game without any money or college courses taken? It's just about passion for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment